Welcome to my website.
My name is Owen Spencer-Thomas, and I am a journalist, writer/broadcaster, speech trainer and media consultant. I am very fortunate to enjoy an interesting and stimulating profession, which allows me to travel and meet all sorts of interesting people.
I am now working as a media consultant and offer a range of journalistic services:
• Media Planning
• Public Awareness Campaigns
• Planning Strategic Communications
• Development of Publications
• Public Relations Consultant
• Press Releases
• Handling the Media and Press Conferences
• Speech Training
• Arranging and Publicising Special Events and Conferences
• External Communications
• Charity Fund Raising
Here is some background information.
Much of my career has been spent in television. I have spent over three decades as a news journalist and reporter, first working for the BBC and later Anglia Television.
12 years ago, I became the media spokesperson for the Diocese of Ely. Since moving on in March 2011, I have been working as a freelance broadcaster, trainer and consultant.
- I have compiled a range of Media Tips for those who want to know more about working with the media.
- There's an article on News Values, the factors that contribute to the degree of interest a news story stimulates and to its importance.
- And I also have several pages with tips for Taking Photos for the publication in the media.
- You can find more personal information in the Biography section.
- You can view my Photo Gallery which is divided into categories of Personal Gallery and Professional Gallery interest. In 2010, my daughter and I celebrated 100 years between us. This gallery contains hundreds of pictures from this memorable occasion.
Headline Howlers and Clangers
Stating the obvious:
From the Colorado Springs Gazette. Monday 16 December 2013:
"Statistics show that teen pregnancy drops off significantly after age 25."
And this one from the Toronto Star
"Marijuana issue sent to joint committee."
My website was first published in 1999. Since then I have had tens of thousands of visitors from around the world: